CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 27, 2012

34 weeks!!!

!!!!!!!!3 MORE WEEKS!!!!!

Today we had our last ultrasound of little miss before she comes.  I got to see her little nose and her tummy, kidneys, stomach, bladder, and her heart all working.  I got to listen to her practice breathing.  As I laid down on the table watching the screen I thought about the first time I got to see her.  Before we even knew she was a girl.  Before she was a little peanut and the doctors just saw the flicker of a heartbeat.  While hubby and I just sat there watching cells multiply to create a little baby.  It was miracle to see her as a little perfect diamond circle.  It is crazy to think that in a couple of weeks I will be holding her in my arms in love all over again with another beautiful spirit from our loving Heavenly Father who has given me another chance to be a mommy to one of His children.  So the first ultrasound we got to watch the miracle of life happen with this ultrasound we got to watch a little girl flinch away from the ultrasound thing.  Her stats from this ultrasound are:
  • she is in 25 percentile of her gestational age.  She is 31 weeks big instead of 33 weeks and 6 days.  But that is okay they only start to worry when babies are measuring above 90% or less than 10% so she is just a little peanut.  (that could be why I hardly look pregnant)
  • she is 4 pounds 3 ounces.
  • she passed the non-stress test (NST) it was perfect she did everything they needed her to do.
  • her heart is beating and looks perfect.
  • she is a little feisty one when she wants to be.
  • and the best for last her head is still up yep that is right she is to comfortable living up near my ribs and listening to my heartbeat.
I want to share what a Non-Stress Test (NST) is like.  They hook you up to the heart monitor and the contraction monitors.  They listen to the babies heartbeat for an hour to see how well the heart does while being active.  Little miss was asleep so they used this little machine that just makes a buzzing noise and vibrates just a little bit.  They put it up by her head and pressed the button it lasted for maybe two seconds and wow did she go crazy it seemed like she was about to burst out my stomach.  But she did wake up her heartbeat was being a constant 125 because she was sleeping but as soon as she got the little buzz it went up to 154.  After that she was trying to hide from the monitors so I had to hold the heart monitor over her so that we could listen to her little heart beating.

Another big exciting thing about this appointment today was being able to set up the amino test.  It is a test to see if the lungs are fully developed.  The date is set February 21 and if her lungs are developed I will be induced.  If her lungs are not they will send me home and have me come back February 22 in the morning to be induced.
Question time how does that work only a couple of more hours to give her a chance for her lungs to develop.  Well babies develop so quickly that just a couple hours more of me carrying her she will develop.  This test could also break my water and if it does the only thing that they worry about but not really is that they will have to have her on a ventilator for just a couple of hours until her lungs develop.

Hubby and I have also moved into the house that we found last October this past weekend.  So these next three weeks are going to fly by.  Between me nesting, doctors visits, cleaning house, and unpacking boxes we will be busy.

I just can't believe that in three weeks my pregnancy will be over and there will be a new little girl in this world!

0 well wishes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...